Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Future Perfect and Future Perfect Progressive Tenses: Grammar and Pronunciation

           
Find the YouTube Video here.     

           1. You’re a lot younger than me.  By the time you start college, I'll have graduated.

           2.  I’m working at the water station at the half way point.  By the time runners get to my station, they'll have been running for more than an hour, so they'll be very thirsty.

           3.  My friend already bought me ice cream, but I’m sitting in a traffic jam.  By the time I get there, the ice cream will've been sitting on the table for more than 10 minutes and it'll have melted.  I'll have to buy a new one.

           4.  After the long test, we should plan some exercise because we'll have been sitting for 3 hours.  Our legs'll be cramped.

          5.  I’m going to be late to the potluck party, so I'l bring dessert.  By the time I get there, everyone will've eaten dinner and should be ready for dessert.

          6.  He’s going trick-or-treating for 3 hours!   By the time he gets home, he'll have collected enough candy to last for 6 months!  He’ll probably be very hyper because he'll have been eating candy for those 3 hours.  We 'll have to throw away half of the candy!

          7.  Tomorrow morning we should be able to go skiing.  The blizzard will've stopped by then!

          8.  We can’t go skiing until the ski resort has made enough snow.  By this time next week, the resort will've had enough time to make ample snow.  The snow blowers'll need maintenance though.  They'll have been running them all week.

          9.  If you start a college savings account for your baby now, he 'll be so rich by the time he goes to college.   The money will've been sitting in the account for 18 years,  It'll have accumulated so much interest!

         10.  If you wait till next year to refinance your house, the interest rates will've risen.  Just do it now, while the rates are low.

         11.  I wouldn’t buy 6 pairs of the same shoe.  When you finally wear the 6th pair, your taste will've changed and you won't want them anymore.

         12.  We had better prepare dinner for Charlie.  He 'll be hungry when he arrives because he'll have been driving for 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment